Monday, July 30, 2007

Shay- Voshell Wedding

Well the big moment finally arrived this past Friday, my little sister got married :)
The main things you need to know is that I, as the Matron of Honor, did not fall walking down the aisle in 4 inch heels and I didn't cry!
Just kidding, the week started out for Ally with a whirlwind of activity. Friends came in that week from all over out of town and even a friend from Germany she met in High School as an exchange student! My best friend was also in town from Indiana who was with me at the hospital the day Ally was born almost 20 years ago! It was so nice to see family and friends I had not seen for a long time!

On the wedding day Ally and I went to get our hair done at Hair Perfections and we had a great time razzing each other about various subjects over the years and Ally went on to get her make up done at Sola Salons before heading to the church to get ready and take pictures.
Tyffany and Jeff from T&J Studios were the photographers and yours truly (Fat Cat) got wrangled into doing the video of course! Barry got a little help from my colleague Judy Handley as I had to actually be in the wedding and assist Ally. Thanks Judy!
Ally wore her dream wedding gown. Strapless with a heavily beaded bodice and a soft layered tulle skirt with a train. She said she felt like a princess! (She looked strikingly similar to one, too!)
Her colors were deep red with navy blue to match the groomsmens US Marine Corps Dress Blue Uniforms.
All the bridesmaids were in simple elegant floor length strapless red gowns, with the waist pulled to the left side with a rhinestone broch. Ally also was given a surprise by one of her bridesmaids, Tina, who told her as a gift, the bridesmaids and many of her friends had pooled together to give her a night in The Castle Inn Riverside this weekend to make her fairytale wedding complete with her prince :)
The wedding was an evening wedding at 7pm at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Church and Ally entered with my Dad to see Aaron for the first time. Aaron was also in Dress Blues complete with a USMC sword he carried. Readings followed from close friends and family. The ceremony was over before we knew it and Ally wanted to remain on time so took the last remaining family photos before getting in the Excaliber Limo from Executive Limosine to go to the Knights of Columbus Hall to party! Aarons mother and my mom rode along as well as Tyffany and myself to document that (Yes, I actually filmed some that day, I couldn't help it!)
Ally and Aaron were introduced by Scott Ward from Accent Mobile Music and started the evening off by cutting the cake in a way I had not seen before, with Aarons sword! The cake was multi-layered and four different flavors made by our sister-in-law who used to own a cake business! I hear it was great! They moved right along into the bouquet and garter tosses, father/daughter dance and into their first dance bloggers might recognize from the Proposal Video we did for Ally last year, "You had me from hello" by Kenney Chesney because they had such a long distance relationship and mostly over the phone due to Aaron being in the Marines. Ally made a killing on the money dance as well. I thought I got a tip from that!
Ally made it clear she wanted to party and party she and her friends did all night long. We had to leave early to get cameras turned around for a wedding on Saturday and I am sure the party lasted well close to midnight.

Congrats to Aaron and my kid-sister on her her fairy tale wedding day. I wish you years of love and happiness and tell Aaron to keep his head down on his second deployment to Iraq in just a few short weeks. We will all be praying for you both!

Click below to watch Ally and Aaron's Wedding Day Prequel!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! I love it! Little sister is happy! Love you!

Tyff and Jeff said...

Great Job! As always!

T-Dub
T&J Studios, Inc.

Anonymous said...

Steph, That was absolutely awesome. Beautiful work. I wasn't even there and it made me cry!!! Amazing video...as always ....you do incredible work.

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you do it but that prequel was just like the song said...amazing! There really isn't a better way to capture such an awesome life changing event, and the way you do it is truly a talent. Thank you so much...any way you can put that on a disc so i can take it with me to Iraq?

Anonymous said...

this was absolutely beautiful!

Anonymous said...

this was a beautiful video...you looked gorgeous and your husband looked handsome... i hope the best for the both of you, my prayers are with you guys. May God keep you and your husband in the palm of his hands!

Anonymous said...

What a great video! Makes me want to get married again...to the same guy, of course! You did a great job capturing all the beauty and romance of a magnificent wedding! You are a very talented friend indeed!