Sunday, March 23, 2008

Fat Cat goes GREEN! And the latest episode of Honey I Shrunk the Truck!

It's been busy as always at Fat Cat, including things of a personal nature, not just all business. We've spent some time the last several weeks car shopping as I refuse to continue giving the gas companies any more money than I have to. My trusty little Element turned 5 this year and was out of warranty and I knew anything that went wrong with it would soon eat me out of house and home, plus I've had this nagging desire to go greener after I replaced the lightbulbs in the house to more energy efficient models and such. So the hunt began for several vehicles, and we ultimately decided on a Toyota Prius! :) After waiting nearly a week to have it delivered, I've been playing with all the crazy new features my old car never dreamed of having! The Element was pretty basic, as I don't require many bells and whistles to keep me happy. It had 4 wheel drive, heat and a/c, a radio and CD player, power windows and locks and that was about it. Now I am totally confused trying to learn to drive without the assistance of a traditional key, not freak out when it seems the car dies at a stop light and keep my eyes on the road instead of the touch screen display on the dash that monitors everything from my radio and temperature controls to the energy efficiency of the Hybrid electric and gas motors! But it is pretty cool, I totally love it and I've already laughed driving by a couple gas stations. I know I have to fill up eventually but it sure is nice not having to do it as often as I was used to! I'm already getting nearly 48 miles to the gallon!
On the same subject of gas, Barry's big Dodge went bye-bye too, with diesel fuel already at $4 per gallon for a little while now, it was time to downsize. We never have needed that big of a truck, nor the gihusic Ford we had before that, so Barry traded to a Toyota Tacoma. It's quite fun to drive, we still have a 4 wheel drive vehicle for any more projected snow next winter like we had this season, and both vehicles will be much easier to keep clean now as they are both white! :) It's not as fuel effiicient as my car of course, but it makes up for that in the "cute" factor! Wave the next time you see us zooming by!

No comments: