Friday, November 03, 2006

A Smashing Good Time!

This past Tuesday, the Fat Cat Crew met with Tyff and Jeff of T&J Studios in Valley Center for my official alarm clock smashing! We enjoyed Jeff's clock smashing so much when he went full time in their business, we just had to do it, too! At that time, Jeff was presented with a gold painted sledge hammer from Tyff.

For me, the only sledge hammer at our place was approx. 2-3 pounds and dinky, just not macho enough to do the job justice I thought. It was more of a glorified hammer than a sledge hammer! So a stop at the hardware store was in order where Barry purchased a brand new, whopping 8-pound sledge hammer! (He needed a new one anyways!)
This was appropriately christened shortly thereafter. (I actually got to use a tool first!) We hooked everything up, prepared to hear the alarm just one last time - and then let 'er rip!








With one good whack, the alarm I have awoke to the last 12 years of my previous employment was immediately silenced forever! (Faster than an atrial kick for you medical folk out there!) But I couldn't just stop there, I had to give it a few more good beatings for good measure (then slam it to the ground by hand which was the final collapse!)








One piece of "something" was saved to frame and mount in my office.. now I get to awake to a brand new alarm clock Barry purchased just days before the final smashing. :)

A short video clip edited by Barry to be posted this week! Check back soon!
Steph

No comments: